Dr. Walter R. Strickland II is an educator who hails from a line of teachers. Viewing education as discipleship, Dr. Strickland teaches regularly in a variety of environments as a professor, preacher, consultant, conference speaker, and as a published author.
Walter was born in Chicago and raised in Southern California. His teaching and writing interests include theological studies, the African American theological tradition, and theology of work.
Walter and his wife Stephanie live in Wake Forest, NC and have a daughter named Hope who is waiting to meet them in glory, two daughters named Kendra and Kaiya, and a son Walter III.
- The Strickland Institute LLC — Founder & President, whose aim is to equip Christian leaders to think cross-culturally about God’s mission. He also leads its subsidiary UnifiEd: A Center for Hope and Unity, an EdTech company that specializes in equipping K-12 Christian educators to think cross-culturally about their school’s mission.
- Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary — Associate VP for Kingdom Diversity Initiatives & Assistant Professor of Systematic and Contextual Theology
- Ph.D. University of Aberdeen
- Th.M. Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.Div. Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- B. A. Cedarville University