Dr. Walter R. Strickland II is an educator who hails from a line of teachers. Viewing education as discipleship, Dr. Strickland teaches regularly in a variety of environments as a professor, preacher, consultant, conference speaker, and is a published author.
Walter was born in Chicago and raised in Southern California. His teaching and writing interests include theological studies, the African American theological tradition, and theology of work.
Walter and his wife Stephanie live in Raleigh area in North Carolina and have a daughter named Hope who is waiting to meet them in glory. They’ve also been blessed with two daughters and a son.
- ApTree — Co-Founder. ApTree is a fresh, dynamic, and adaptive learning platform that fosters professional learning via meaningful data, training modules, and responsive learning pathways.
- UnifiEd: A Center for Hope and Unity — Executive Director. We specialize in equipping K-12 Christian educators to think cross-culturally about their school’s mission.
- Imago Dei Church — Teaching Pastor
- Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary — Assistant Professor of Systematic and Contextual Theology
- Kirby Laing Centre for Public Theology at Cambridge — Associate Fellow
- Ph.D. University of Aberdeen
- Th.M. Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.Div. Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- B. A. Cedarville University