Dr. Walter R. Strickland II is an educator who hails from a line of school teachers. Viewing education as transformation, Dr. Strickland is a published author who regularly teaches in a variety of environments as a professor, preacher, consultant, and conference speaker.
His desire is to equip people to live with biblical wisdom, understand the African American theological tradition, and conduct education and business with cultural intelligence.
Walter was born in Chicago and raised in Southern California. He and his wife live in Raleigh area in North Carolina and have a daughter named Hope who is waiting to meet them in glory. They’ve also been blessed with two daughters and a son.
- Aptree — Co-Founder. Aptree is a fresh, dynamic, and adaptive learning experience
- Cultural Engagement — Co-Founder. Equipping Christian leaders to cultivate unified teams with cross-cultual reach
- Imago Dei Church — Teaching Pastor
- Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary — Assistant Professor of Systematic and Contextual Theology
- White Horse Inn — Co-Host. A weekly theological roundtable at the nexus of faith, church, and culture.
- Kirby Laing Centre for Public Theology at Cambridge — Associate Fellow
- Ph.D. University of Aberdeen
- Th.M. Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.Div. Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- B. A. Cedarville University