Dr. Walter R. Strickland II is an ordained Baptist minister who was born in Chicago and raised in Southern California. His teaching and writing interests include theological studies, the African American theological tradition, and theology of work. In addition to being a published author, he is often called upon as a consultant, university lecturer, conference speaker, and itinerant preacher.
Walter and his lovely wife Stephanie live in Wake Forest, NC and have a daughter named Hope who is waiting to meet them in glory, two daughters named Kendra and Kaiya, and a son Walter III.
- The Strickland Institute LLC — Founder and President: “Equiping schools, churches, corporations, and parachurch ministries to think cross-culturally about their mission.”
- Southeastern Seminary — Associate VP for Kingdom Diversity Initiatives & Assistant Professor of Systematic and Contextual Theology
- Ph.D. University of Aberdeen
- Th.M. Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.Div. Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- B. A. Cedarville University