The goal of this course, as with any other, is ministry preparation. As a Great Commission seminary and college, we aim to send students around the world and around the country ready to encounter the concerns represented by the theologians in this course. The capable minister is able to understand the reason for, and the scope of these theologies in order to adequately analyze them with Scripture and direct its proponents to Christ.
To that end, this course examines the historical development and content of Latin American Liberation Theology, Black Theology, and Feminist Theology.
- J. Deotis Roberts – Liberation and Reconciliation: A Black Theology
- James Cone – God of the Oppressed
- Anthony Bradley – Liberating Black Theology: The Bible and the Black Experience in America
- Gustavo Gutierrez – A Theology of Liberation: History, Politics, and Salvation
- Anne M. Clifford – Introducing Feminist Theology