This course examines the form, content and historical development of three types of liberation theology including: Latin American Liberation Theology, Black Theology and Feminist Theology. In addition, the course conducts an exegetical exploration of ‘liberation’ and appropriates it to the contemporary milieu.
- J. Deotis Roberts – Liberation and Reconciliation: A Black Theology
- James Cone – God of the Oppressed
- Anthony Bradley – Liberating Black Theology: The Bible and the Black Experience in America
- Gustavo Gutierrez – A Theology of Liberation: History, Politics, and Salvation
- Anne M. Clifford – Introducing Feminist Theology